Monday, 16 June 2014
Mission Week 53, Brazil Week 47So things that happened this week.
One year on the mission! woo hoo!
I
got to celebrate by staying in our house all day because of the Brasil
game (World Cup Soccer game-slk). We left our house at 8 in the morning that day. It was kind of
worthless, because literally no one wants to talk to you at 8 in the
morning. It's almost pointless to talk to anyone until 2 in the
afternoon, because in the morning, everyone is either sleeping, working,
or cooking lunch. Even though we marked a bunch of appointments, we
ending up just walking around in the sun for a long time trying to find
inactives off the ward list---also not very fruitful, BUT we tried.
anyway, we returned to our house at 3 and stayed there prisoners until
the next day. Tomorrow is the second jogo do brasil (Brazil World Cup Soccer game-slk), so it will probably
be the same deal. The game is a little earlier (4 instead of 5), but
I'm guessing we'll still be stuck inside again. It's probably for the
best. Brasil is pretty louco (crazy, loco-slk) for their futbol (soccer-slk).
One fun thing is that a lot of the streets are
decorated/painted for the World Cup. I keep meaning to take a picture,
but I haven't yet. I'll get to that this week.
Things
are going well with Sister M. She's really improving a lot. I think she
had been kind of discouraged from things in past transfers, but she's
really excited to be able to work here with me another transfer
(Surprise! We're both staying! could have seen that one coming...) She's
starting to get more confidence in talking with people. I'm so happy
for her!
Sunday, none of our real investigators came to
church again...that was frustrating, but we had a really great
experience with one of the less actives that we've been working with. Two weeks ago he came to Church for the first time in 6 months, and this
past week he came in a white shirt and tie and brought 6 non-members
with him. AWESOME! Member missionary work is so great. A lot of the
visitors live in other areas, so we passed the references (referrals-slk) on to the
elders, but there was one guy who lives in our area that we're going to
visit this week. I'm so excited!
Also two weeks ago we took one of the recent
converts to teach with us, and even though the investigator expressed
that he wasn't really interested at the moment, the member gave him his
phone number, and the guy ended up texting him, so the member has been
working with him a little still. It's so great to see how different the
results can be when we work together with the members AND the members do
their part.
Also great news! Sister Barkdull got transferred to
my zone!! I'm so excited to see her again! It's been almost 6 months!
I'm pretty stoked for Zone Meeting.
Well that's all for now. Thank you for all the lovin! It means the most to me! You all are always in my prayers!
xoxoxoxoxoxo Sister Kemer
No comments:
Post a Comment