Monday, 2 June 2014
Mission Week 51, Brazil Week 45
Surprise transfer for her companion, new companion, Sis. M. from Georgia, USA
I bought running shoes, so that was the big transaction. Sister M. and I are running every morning now!! I'm so happy!!
I bought running shoes, so that was the big transaction. Sister M. and I are running every morning now!! I'm so happy!!
I'm glad you and Dad are feeling better. Congrats on the calling! I hope you like it! You're going to be great!
On
the mission we have a "stress book". When we got it and had an
orientation with it for our Mission Conference in Macapá, I never thought
I'd use it, but I ended up using it A LOT that transfer. The Church
knows what they're doing. Anyway, don't stress too much! I know that
everything will work out and Girls Camp will be a lot of fun. Are you
working with the YCLs? Oreos and pedicures are always a crowd pleaser.
Anyway, this week was good.
We had a
surprise transfer (that you already know about), and Sister S. foi
para Zona Santarém (went to the Santarém zone-slk) (VERY far away). My new companion is Sister
M. from Georgia. She just finished up being trained in Satélite
in Icoaraci (where Sister Barkdull was trained). She can speak pretty
well, but I think just lacks a little bit of self confidence in how much
she can really do. She's really great though. She goes to BYU as well! Party! Anyway, it's been great so far. It's fun to be able to help her
learn. I love teaching people about Portuguese grammar. I'm such a nerd,
but that's okay.
This week was hard on new investigators, but
Saturday taught a guy that was the first person that I taught that
understood Priesthood authority. "I've already been baptized, but I
don't think that the Pastor had the same type of authority as a Prophet". YES! Finally. Wow, that was great. Saturday was also the
baptism of H., who was our inverstigator, but was a baptism for the
Elders (long story). Anyway, he had some issues, but it was great
to see how he changed once he finally made the decision to be baptized.
Another case where I could see the change that the Gospel brings in
people's lives.
Anway, I love you lot's Mom! We made an AWESOME
almoço (lunch-slk) today. I really outdid myself. I'll send you the pictures later
this week.
Lot's of love!!
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment