Monday, June 16, 2014

Tchau tchau to Macapá!

Monday, 5 May 2014
Mission Week 47, Brazil Week 41
Getting transferred to Zona Cidade Nova in Belem
    Well, it's official. These are my final hours at the Middle of the World. I should know soon when I'll be leaving, and how (probably by plane). I'm going to Cidade Nova em Belém where I'll being finishing the training of Sister Rodrigues, WHO was being trained by Sister Moura. That makes me her  "step-mother" and "sister". Ha,ha! (The missionaries refer to their newer missionaries as their children, etc... slk)
      Anyway, I might be opening the área as well. Looks like this next transfer holds some challenges, but I'm excited for the new experiences and responsibilities. Armed with the missionary stress book, I should be great.
      I'm glad that I was able to work with Sister N. We deep-cleaned our house today and after had lunch with our next-door neighbor, who's a member. Açaiiiiiii. Always good. I was sticking to my "diet", but when there's açaí I lose all self control. Good thing it's out of my budget range.
    We had Stake Conference (a regional meeting-slk) this week, and Sister Nascimento and I sang in the choir. Everyone was dressed SUPER fancy, and we were there kind of faveladas (poor, slum -slk), but "it's all good in the hood" as Sister N says.
     Lots of love to everyone at home!!!
     Sarah
  

No comments:

Post a Comment