Monday, 19 May 2014
Mission Week 49, Brazil Week 43Sister S's Portuguese is fine. Sometimes she doesn't understand me, QUE?? QUE??? QUE???? Ha, ha, but that's okay. Not speaking a whole lot of Spanish with her (mainly because I don't remember hardly anything...I might try and study Spanish more when I get back to BYU if I have time...who knows) No more taking public transportation. I am so happy to have money again. It's great. There is another dupla (pair, companionship-slk) of Elders in our ward that share the SAME area that we work in. That's kind of strange to me, but we don't run into them that often.
I'm going to give my letters to Y. (a member in the area-slk); She said she'd mail them for me.
Going to buy shoes as well (new sneakers-slk).
This
week was good. I feel like it could have been better but that's okay.
I'm trying to find a balance between pushing my companion and being
understanding. I'm not sure if that made sense... Sister N. was a
SUPER hard worker, so I think it's just different to be with someone
who is normal, ha, ha!
This week I was thinking about what I could do to
make my contacting better. In our District meeting we were talking about
different ways to make contacts. This week I decided to use the Book of
Mormon in every contact possible. "Oi! Somos missionarias da igreja...
blah blah blah. Já ouviu falar do Livro de Mormon?". It was awesome. I
love the Book of Mormon. The majority of people here have already heard
about prophets, God has a plan for you, the Church of Christ, etc. or at
least they think they have, but hardly no one knows much about the Book
of Mormon. Something new to spark people's interest! Aside from that,
PME (Preach My Gospel in English, a publication for study for missionaries and members to learn how to share the Gospel-slk) puts a lot of emphasis on the Book of Mormon, so I decided to take
hint.
We also had a small miracle this week. I made a
contact with a man and began to talk about the Book of Mormon (what
else?). He wasn't being very receptive, but then it started to rain and
he let us in. Not only that, but his attitude totally changed. even
better was that once we got inside it stopped raining. Ha, ha Only in
Belém. We followed up on the first lesson we had with him, and it went
great!! Just Heavenly Father watching out for us.
That's all for this week!
Sister Kemer
No comments:
Post a Comment