Sunday, July 6, 2014

Rats and Bring a Friend to Church

Monday, 23 June 2014
Mission Week 54, Brazil Week 48
Hello family!
     So this week...another week on the mission.
     Last night there was a rat in our house. We were in the kitchen and it ran out from underneath the stove and skittered over Sister M.'s feet. Luckily it left out the back door. I promise our apartment is not dirty. We just probably shouldn't leave the back door open any more. There always has to be a first time for everything though!
     After one of the members that's re-activating decided to invite everyone he knew to church last week, Sister M. and I decided to share this experience with the members during lunch, and challenge them to invite their friends to church this week. we invited one of the Irmãs that was going to talk in church to ask people to come and hear her talk, and she brought a friend to church! I was so happy!    Her friend doesn't live in our area unfortunately, but it was great to see the members working.
     This week we started teaching 3 brothers that were a contact we made. I had observed that their house kind of looked like it was from Sponge Bob (random) so I decided to contact it. You can call it the Spirit if you want, but they were awesome. We left them with 3 Nefi 11:1-15 (3 Nephi 11:1-15) and when we came back to see how the reading went they had all read! Miracle! They also commented on what they read, and two of them had really liked verse 3 that talks about the voice of God/how the people feel the Spirit. It was perfect. Unfortunately, they didn't come to church, but we just need to get members over there so that they can go this week.
      Today we got permission to go to a youth activity for P-day, and I got to play just dance/ a little bit of volleyball. Sister M. and I also went to the Feira (market?), and someone gave us a whole lot of seriously discounted fruit/veggies. I'm SO happy! I'll try to send a picture of it all.
     The United States beat Portugal yesterday! 'Merica!! 
     And that's all for now. Lot's of love to everyone!
     Sister Kemer (Sarah)

No comments:

Post a Comment