Sunday, July 6, 2014

TWO mice! Coolest Investigator of the week, Humility and Obedience!

Monday, 30 June 2014
Mission Week 55, Brazil Week 49
Things that happened this week:
     We found not one but TWO giant mice (not exactly rats, but then not exactly mice either...Amazon mice basically) that had been living in the bottom of our oven. BUT! We got rid of them with rat poison, or at least so far they haven't come back yet. At the grocery store, there's a whole isle dedicated to insecticide and pest venom (poison/control-slk), etc. You wonder why...
     So far we haven't smelled anything, so I'm pretty sure they had their last moments outside of our house. We'll find out for sure today when I deep clean.
     This week Sister M. and I won the prize for coolest investigator. We were making contacts one night this week, and I saw this guy in the front of his house. I wasn't going to talk to him, but then I thought to myself "I am no respecter of persons" so we contacted him, and marked a visit for the next day. Yes, we are now teaching a rasta fari hippie man with dreds past his waist. Yes, he also let me touch them (his hair/his brothers hair--long story). 
     Jokes aside though, he is actually pretty cool. He had a dream the night after we contacted him that he "aceitou Jesus" (accepted, admitted, hugged, recieved-slk Jesus), and then when we came back the morning of the Brasil game, he was awake, had read the Book of Mormon, told us his favorite part, and said he'd prayed and received an answer. Crazy! I'm always a little skeptical when things seem to good to be true, but we'll see how it goes.
     This week I really just feel like I've been inspired on what scriptures to use while we're teaching. Example: we're teaching three brothers right now. When we went to visit them, they had all read the chapter from the Book of Mormon that we'd left them and they'd all prayed. We asked them if they got a response that the church was true, and one of them said, that yes, because it's the Gospel of Christ, so of course it's true.
     Bam --> 2 Nephi 33:10. Everyone just got it! It was great. 
     This coming week is just going to be a lot of following my leaders and being humble, but I'm so thankful for the experiences I had in Macapá that taught me how to do that. Like we read everyday "obediência é o primeiro lei do ceu, é um ato de fé" (Obedience is the first law of heaven, it is an act of faith-slk)
     Lots of love to everyone at home!!!!!
     Sister Kemer

No comments:

Post a Comment