Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Surprise!

 7 April 2014
Mission Week 43, Brazil Week 37

    AFTER I sent my email last week, LZ (ZL-zone Leader-slk) called to tell me that I would be staying. False Alarm.
     Anyway, that was great because I got to be here for R.'s Baptism!! He was baptized in between the Sunday sessions of (General-slk) Conference and will be confirmed this Sunday.  He has such a light in his countenance. It's always amazing to me how much the Gospel changes people. There really is no other path that brings more happiness more completely in this life than the gospel of Jesus Christ.
     This month should be another challenge. President Costa (Area President of Brasil-Brazil-slk) challenged our Zone (again) to have another Baptism Day, but this time with the focus in families. Of course, they let us know last week, so really we just have this week to find the families that will be baptized on the 26th. It's time to move forward with faith. If there's one thing I don't want is to show up without a family. Just need to have faith, focus, and a lot of diligence.
     Also, next picture that I send I'll be a lot different. I donated my hair today to women who are scalped (bald?-slk) (a Stake Relief Society activity). A part of me will always stay in the Amazon.
     Lots of love!!
     Sarah/Sister Kemer

No comments:

Post a Comment