Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Mini Miracles, Humility, Work, and LOTS of Rain!

24 February 2014
Mission Week 37, Brazil Week 31
....My new companion is Sister N. (who lived with me for a while in Icoaraci).  Elder B. is in my zone now...
     Well this week. Things are improving A LOT! Transfers brought Sister N. to Macapá! I lived with her already in my last area, so it was nice to be reunited. I love teaching with her. We have already had a lot of good laughs together, but she's also an excellent worker. I know that together we'll able to see a lot good changes in Santa Rita.
   We finally had investigators progressing at church!!!!!!!!! SO HAPPY! Two couples that aren't married, but interested, and A. that we've been teaching. The other miracle was that everyone came by themselves! An irmão da igreja também (brother in the church also-slk) brought his cousin and brother to church that we scheduled to go teach this week. After so much frustration with no one coming to church, it was a mini miracle to be able to see the fruits of all of our hard work. We reap the fruits when we put in the effort. That's something that I'm definitely learning.
    My new LD (District Leader-slk) is super number-crazy, but I know that I'll be able to learn from her. Just have to learn a lesson in humility and look for how I can improve so that I can work more effectively and help more people.
    It's still raining a lot. lots and lots of questionable water and mud in the streets. We get pretty creative figuring out the best paths to get to our final destination. Most of the time we find success.
Beijos (kisses)!
Sister Kemer

No comments:

Post a Comment