Mission Week 40, Brazil Week 34
Well, another week spent working in the mission field.
This week was good. Sunday was a little frustrating, but there were good
things as well.
This week we finally went to teach a contact that we had made a few
weeks back. As we were talking with him, he asked us if we used our own
Bible. We explained to him about the Bible and the Book of Mormon, and
he said, "I have one of those!" I asked him if he could get his copy of
the Book of Mormon, and he brings out a copy with my name in it with
Sister C. We had taught a friend of his a while back, that we
thereafter lost contact with. His friend gave him the book because he
didn't have time to read it. It gets better. This guy is already in
Mosias (Mosiah-slk)! He then started to explain the story of Nephi, etc. to us almost
perfectly. Anyway, that was interesting.
This week at church we had an American visiting. He was here on
business and didn't speak any Portuguese. It was surprisingly hard to
speak in English with him. I kept unwillingly switching back to Portuguese. I promise that I'm not forgetting my native tongue! It just
feels weird. My poor brain.
lots of love!!
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment