Mission Week 34, Brazil Week 28
Camera is at the mission home
Hey Mom, thanks for the email! I'm glad that you're doing well!
Thank you for helping the missionaries, I know they really appreciate it.
This week was good, but it ended really tough. We had two
investigators preparing to be baptized this Saturday. They were doing
super well! A mom and her daughter. The mom
was keeping the Word of Wisdom, reading the Book of Mormon, studying the
pamphlets, had received various answers, etc.. The daughter had received
an answer as well.
Sunday we went to look for them to come to church with
us, and the daughter was sleeping and the Mom was at her other church.
We had no one at church yesterday. I felt so beat down. People accept
baptismal dates, say they want to know, say they'll come to church and
then it seems like everyone bails out on us....
We
went to go talk to them that afternoon and she (the Mom) had changed
completely. She said she got her answer, and that she
feels that she should stay in her church. She gave us back the Book of
Mormon, etc., said it was nice to learn with us, but that she didn't
want
to continue. Yesterday was probably the hardest day of my mission. I
cried so much. I don't know what we/I did wrong....I guess that's the
hard part about agency.....
When does God's influence end and individual agency begin? How can you
pray for God to soften people's hearts, if they have to choose to do so?
Maybe if you could research some talks on that that would be helpful. I
got a blessing from my LD (District Leader-slk) and that helped. It's just frustrating that
we're not having any baptisms or investigators progressing. I try my
best to talk to everyone, teach contacts in the moment, be animated,
bear testimony, but nothing seems to be clicking. Pois é (it is, as it is, yeah-slk). I thought Agulha was tough, but this area seems to be tougher. All part of
"missionary work and the Atonement". Heavenly Father must cry a lot for
us when we choose not to follow.
Anyway done ranting. There's nothing else to do but to keep working.
Sorry no photos. the internet is terrible here and won't let me. Try to get a member to send some.
The food is better here! All our almoços (lunch appointments-slk)
are in the Elder's area practically though, so they're pretty far
away. The ward is a lot bigger. almost 200 I think, one Ward, Elders
and Sisters. Sister C. (her companion-slk) tem 20 tambem, but I'm older :P
Looking foward to the package!
Love,
No comments:
Post a Comment