Mission Week 33, Brazil Week 27
Quick quick quick!
Last week the internet cut out so it had to be short...
Anyway,
This week was great. It's still tough, but we had some glimmers of hope
to remind us that God always is there doing His part as well.
We found a great new investigator. I met her when I was on splits
with a YW in another ward. She and her daughter came to church on
Sunday!! So great. I've also never seen anyone so excited to receive a Book of Mormon. Seriously, she literally embraced it after we handed it
to her. The only issue is that she's pretty attached to the church that
she's attending currently, so hopefully the continued answers that she
receives from the Spirit will be enough to help her take a step of faith
to be baptized.
Another miracle: This week we are OUT OF MONEY. With transfers, my
reserve fund got completely spent and Sister C. had to spend hers on
medicine. Basically I wasn't as responsible as I could have been, but I
learned my lesson. Anyway, yesterday after teaching a contact that we
made on the street about the plan of salvation, the woman randomly gave
us $R20 and told us to go buy a snack later. WHAT? That never happens! Ha, ha! We tried not to accept it, but she insisted. This money was super
needed, because I had scheduled an appointment with a new investigator
that we have to take a bus to reach. I made that appointment on faith,
not knowing how we were going to be able to pay to get there. Heavenly Father was definitely looking out for us, and obviously he wants us to
teach this girl.
Anyway, love you all!
Sarah/Sister Kemer
No comments:
Post a Comment