Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Zona Belém, Yoga, Stake Choir singing and solos, PLUS a BIRD in our house!

Monday, 8 September 2014
Mission Week 65, Brazil Week 59
 
Hello hello!
     Well this week was a good one. I felt a little more tired than usual, but it's times like these when I like to read "diligence" in Preach my Gospel.
     I read a book a while back about missionary work, and specifically one part talked about how we can help inactive members. It talked about how we need to show them not necessarily how much that they need the Church, but rather how much the Church needs them. When I read this I immediately thought of an inactive couple that we'd been visiting. She works at a gym giving yoga and belly dancing classes. Since our Ward is short on activities, Sister M. and I decided to ask her to help us plan a yoga class for the Relief Society (women's service and educational organization). It was a huge success! (see pictures) AND a ton of fun. I might actually get into yoga when I get back...not as woozy as I thought. The week before the activity they (the inactive couple) came to Church after a long time not coming. It was great!
     Another big event this week was the Stake Choir Pioneer Presentation. I was able to sing with the choir and (had) some solos AND got a pretty fancy pioneer dress. I'm not sure that anyone actually crossed the plains in what I was wearing, but oh well. It was a really great devotional and one of our investigators was able to attend.
    And, yes, transfers are here. Although I was getting a feeling that I was going to stick it out here in Cidade Nova a little longer, it looks like I'm getting transferred to Belém. I'm excited to work there. It's always good to have a change of scenery to shake things up a little. My companion will be Sister Costa (Brasileira-Brazilian-slk) whose boyfriend I met in the Provo MTC (small world). Also, we were both trained by Sister Moura. We're family!
     Another random tidbit, this morning, we had a bird in our house. I think it was about as confused as we were. Shout out to Laura. This time it was actually a bird. Life in the Amazon: never a dull experience.
     até próxima!! (until next - week?-slk)
     Sister Kemer

No comments:

Post a Comment