Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Utinga, Baptism, referrals, and WORK!

Monday, 15 September 2014
Mission Week 66, Brazil Week 60
Hey family,
   I'm a little pressed for time, but this week was great.
   I got transferred to the zone Belém, to area Utinga.
   My companion is Sister Costa from Fortaleza, and we're both new to the area. We live about an hour walking to where most of the work has been happening in the area, sooo lots of walking here for sure.
    We got here, and the area book had nothing, so we've been working to try to find all of the old investigators that were being taught.
   We did have a baptism this past Friday, which was great, of a man that the other Sisters had been teaching.
    The members are great. We have a TON of references (referrals-slk) to contact from the "centro de autossuficiência" of the Church that helps people do "cursos"(courses-slk) to be able to find work.
   Anyway, life is good.  I'm really excited to be working here.  The pressure is high, but I'm sure it will help me work harder.  I want these last two transfers to be the best ones yet.
    More pictures to come later this week!
    Love you all!!
    Sister Kemer

No comments:

Post a Comment