Friday, September 5, 2014

The "Elect", blessings, privileges, and change...

Monday, 4 August 2014
Mission Week 60, Brazil Week 54
   
    Well, this week flew by fast. Sometimes I wonder where all the time goes.
    This week was another challenging one. We made a decent amount of new investigators, but by the time the end of the week rolled around, half of them had already expressed to us that they didn't have any interest.   Another one sketchily got kicked out of his house.  We'll have to see if we can find out where he's living now.
     Well, F. (the heavy metal fro-hawk guy) looks like he might just be the "elect". We went to go teach him with a member, and it turns out he isn't really a creepy person (we totally judged him), but has some kind of difficultly with expressing emotion.  However, we taught him the Restoration and left a reading from the Book of Mormon to pray about, and we came back later that week, and he explained the reading to us very well, said he'd prayed, and that he'd received an answer that it was true.  Then he went to church by himself again.  Well, there you go!  I'm hoping that we can get some more members to help fellowship him.
     Anyway, I forgot to organize my thoughts beforehand, but just want to make it clear how grateful that I am for all of the blessings and privelegios (privileges-slk) that I've received.  If I stop to imagine my life without the gospel of Jesus Christ, I just want to cry. (I'm a weeper, thanks Mom! ;))  There is seriously no greater happiness or peace in this life than to feel God's love and to do His will.  When we understand our purpose in this life, we begin to understand that the potential that we have as human beings is far greater than we can imagine.  We are capable of doing greater good than we thought possible.  We can change the unchangeable.  We can work miracles in our lives and the lives of others. 
     I really liked this scripture that I read this morning.
 30 And now remember, remember, my brethren, that whosoever perisheth, perisheth untohimself; and whosoever doeth iniquity, doeth it unto himself; for behold, ye are free; ye are permitted to act for yourselves; for behold, God hath given unto you a knowledge and he hath made you free.
 31 He hath given unto you that ye might know good from evil, and he hath given unto you that ye might choose life or death; and ye can do good and be restored unto that which is good, or have that which is good restored unto you; or ye can do evil, and have that which is evil restored unto you.
We are agents unto ourselves. We have the power to change and to do good. If we don't, it isn't anyone's fault except ours.

Be responsible!
Love,
Sister Kemer

No comments:

Post a Comment