Friday, September 5, 2014

EAGLES jersey and a Mowhak!

Monday, 28 July 2014
Mission Week 59, Brazil Week 53
Hello family!
 
    Soo huge surprise: I'm staying AND Sister Marzzarella is ALSO staying!  Who would have thunk? I kind of already had a feeling that I was staying.  I had the small desire to leave because things are challenging and the weak part of me wanted to get transferred to escape the challenge.  Obviously my Heavenly Father knows me so he kept me here another little bit so that I can face these challenges and CONQUER them!  Let's go!  One more transfer in Providência!
     Funny things that happened this week: (there were a few)
I saw an skinny Japanese man with a Giant Eagles jersey. What??  Ha, ha it was so out of place. Mostly the jersey.  I really regret not chasing him down and contacting him...
  Next: in Portuguese to be polite you say "tudo bem com a senhora?" or "Is everything well with the lady?".  On accident Sister M. said "tudo bem com a Senora" Which sounds like "cenora" which means carrot.  "Is everything well with the carrot?" Ha, ha, ha!  It was hard to contain myself. We both had a good laugh afterwards.
    Teaching this week has been good. We're still struggling to find new investigators, but vacation month is ending, so we're hoping to pick some old ones back up.  We're teaching a guy that's been really great.  He's reading and praying, but has yet to do both at the same time, so he's just got to put the two together.  Had a great lesson with him using Alma 32, and referencing Elder Bednar's talk about Revelation (sometimes it's like a light switch, and sometimes it's more gradual like a sunrise). I like teaching him, because I feel like I can relate to him a lot. Just didn't come to church this week...hope for the next!
    This week we made a contact with a guy that seemed kind of crazy...I just got a weird feeling about him.  Anyway, we ended up just inviting him to come to church and moving on. Yesterday my LZ (ZL or Zone Leader-slk) calls and asks me if we were teaching a man named F. that wears all black and has a mohawk. HE WENT TO CHURCH.  Just the wrong building.  I was so shocked I started speaking in English.  Looks like we're going to go try and teach him, but we'll be taking a very big male member with us. Updates next week on how that goes.
     Anyway, thank you for all of the love and support. The work is great! 

     Sister Kemer

No comments:

Post a Comment