Mission Week 45, Brazil Week 39
Sorry about not sending photos, but it's just that I don't have access to wi-fi anymore..... Our chapel is getting remodeled and the house that they're renting doesn't have wi-fi....soooo we'll see.
The internet is painfully slow today. I waited 20 minutes just for the page to load. SO STRESSFUL!
Anyway, this week was good. I had a division (splits-slk) with my LD (District Leader, DL-slk) which was stressful as well...I don't like being evaluated at all. I get so preoccupied with what I need to do, that I feel like I can't act naturally. Oh well. It was still good.
Pascoa (Easter-slk) was this week. I'm going to try to make my own "Ovo de Pascoa" (giant chocolate egg). We'll see how it goes.
Our investigators that were preparing to be baptized this week didn't go to church, which was hard. We had even arranged someone to give them a ride to church, BUT there's agency for you.
In the end we ended up bringing 3 people to the afternoon Ward (congregation-slk) at the last minute. Tender mercies for sure.
This week we also found a man who said that he'd been abandoned by the missionaries 3 years ago, had wanted to be baptized, but didn't know anyone at Church, so had stopped going. Pretty much a miracle, though I'm wary of using that word until we see the end result. He didn't end up going to Church because of work, but he's going to come with us to a FHE (Family Home Evening-slk) at the Bishop's house tonight (or said he would), so hopefully it turns out well!
I've been focusing on being a stronger leader/better example and so far it's been going well. Because my companion has about the same amount of time as me in the field, I think I was letting some things be more her responsibility, when really, as senior companion, it was me that should have been leading. I know that one of hte main reasons that I'm here is for my own"aperfeiçoamento" (perfection, improvement -slk). Repentance isn't all about repairing something broken, but also about "upgrading" something good or average to be something excellent.
Anyway, Mom....Hope everything goes well with the end of the school year. Thanks for the letters. I really appreciate being able to hear from home.
Lots of love!!
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment