Sunday, December 15, 2013

Cockroaches, Change, Contacts and Competiveness! Mission Week 23

18 November 2013
Mission Week 23 Brazil week 17
This week:
   This morning I woke up to exercise.  While I was "stretching" on the floor, a cockroach crawled onto my stomach.  I hated that.  Just one more reason why hammocks are great. I can sleep calmly knowing that there aren't any roaches crawling on me.
    Also, we had our second FLYING cockroach in our house.   Terrible, things are always worse when they can fly.  Maybe I'm not so safe...Ha, ha!
Lunch with Sis. O and Sis. B.
yumm, Açaí!
Sister O and I by our Chapel at the baptism











   We had our Mission Conference this past week!  Wow, what a difference from the last one (my first week here).  I understood everything, and didn't fall asleep! It was cool to see everyone/meet some new sisters that arrived.  GH (gloria dos homens) everyone thinks my Portuguese is awesome!!)
 
T. with other Ward Members
Sis. O, T. and I











     We had another baptism this week!  T. !  He is an example of someone whose life has really changed since he's started learning about the gospel.  He quit smoking/coffee, quit his job, and is praying/reading the scriptures for probably the first time in his life.  In his interview, he was asking the Elder about how it is serving a mission.  Too legit.
SISTERS a force for GOOD!
   Together we made 70 contacts this week. the goal for our zone was 52, so we exceeded our goal.  Just have to beat the other sisters in our house this next week (they made 78). Trying to tone down my competitiveness little...but not!
SKILZ!

    Love you Mom/Dad! praying for you both!
    Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment