Sunday, August 11, 2013

Week 2, no campo



Week 8, Brazil
From East Coast of the US to Brasil, with a smile!

Mon, Aug 5, 2013 4:53 pm
olá familia!

My first full week in Brasil... What a week.

1.  I got a cold (gripe) this past week!  Não bom.  I had my first sinus headache ever, that stunk...for two days.  Add a cough and no sleep = perfect.  BUT!  I learned a lesson from all this. Even though I was feeling terrible, it was really no excuse to complain.  Late one night this week we went and visited an older investigator, Sister T.  This woman has swollen legs and poor health, but yet she still works.  She lives very humbly, but still has faith in God, and is content with her lot in life.  It really put things in perspective for me, and made me realize that I really never have any reason to complain.
Celebrating the Marriage blessing with R. and D.  and my companions casamento de D. e R.

 2.  I had my first baptism this week!  R. was baptized on Sunday, after he and his wife had their "Marriage Blessing" the night before (they already were legally married--the certificate came the week before).  So great!
 
First Baptism of R! I am standing next to Sis. M., my companion.
3.  I made my first for-real street contact this week.  We stopped to talk to a woman, and she was talking about her religion (she's "espirito", I'm not really sure what that is), but she likes to study the Bible.  I talked with her about the Book of Mormon, and asked if we could bring one for her.  She said yes!  Lesson on terca feira!

4.  Miracle number 3:  This past Sunday an acquaintance of the Relief Society President came to church, and bore his testimony in Sacrament Meeting.  Apparently she'd tried to share the gospel with him before, but he was already a minister in another church, and didn't want any part of it.  BUT!  She gave him a Book of Mormon, he read it, prayed about it, and knows it's true!  Sister M. and I are really excited to be able to teach him this week.

Random:
- They have Nutella!  No peanut butter, but Nutella.  I'm happy.
- Also!  I made Creme de Manga today!  Super simple:  creme de leite, sweetened condensed milk, and mango--put it in the blender, freeze it, bam.  So good.  Mom:  you should try it!
- Also Sister M....s gave me my first mani-pedi today for p-day (Preparation Day-laundry, shop, letters, emails, etc.. day, although really only half the day)
It was seriously professional.  I look super chic!  :)

Lots of love!
Sister Kemer

No comments:

Post a Comment