Monday, August 26, 2013

Brasil, Week 4, Things are looking up!



Monday, August 19, 2013
Mission Week 10
Sis. M. and I with Cake for an 83 year old inactive sister's birthday

Going to write quickly so I can send some photos!
    This week was a little bit of a struggle. Many of our appointments fell through, and we've been struggling to find people to teach, but things are looking up!
With Sis. M., my companion!

    Saturday Sister M. and I were walking through the rain after another appointment fell through. A woman who was a referral from a member told us that she wouldn't be able to meet with us for 3 weeks at least, and also her pastor doesn't like the fact that she was talking with us...oops. So here we were, walking through the rain, I stopped Sister M, and we just thought for a bit.  It was getting late, and our apartment is a bit of a trek from our area, so we went home, planned for the next day, and made a plan to help the Ward with missionary work.  Our Congregation (Ward) really doesn't have a ward mission plan right now, so we made a list of ideas.  Then (what I think is a miracle) a miracle happened at church the next day. The bishop called J., a member of 3 months, to be the new ward mission leader!  We met with him later that day to go over things, and I can already see the blessings that are going to come from this calling.  He and his wife have some great ideas/vision for missionary work in the ward.  We have an activity this Saturday that's going to be great.  Also Sister M. and I are going to start having FHE's with the members and have them invite non/inactive members, or have practices with them.

       That's all I have for today. Promise I'll write more next week!

        xoxoxoxo
        Sister Kemer
Apartment photos:
kitchen, eating and study area
Top bunk!

Bathroom
 

No comments:

Post a Comment