Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Brasil Week 13, New Companion and SUN!

Mission Week 19, 

Monday, October 21, 2013; Photos from Oct. 28th and November 4th
Querido Familia (Dear Family),
      Another week in the mission, dead and gone.  The longer I'm here, the faster time seems to fly. It's incredible to me that I already have 4 months behind me.  Too be honest, it really just seems like one long month of July and August...probably due to the fact the the equator is my visinho (neighbor).
Got my haircut thanks to a member!
      We've entered into the "dry" season of Pará, which means it's not raining quite everyday. It's nice not to get drenched on the walk to church, but it also means that I have to re-apply sun screen now.  Puxa vida.
With Sis. O my new companion!
      Before she left, Sister M. broke the giant water bottle we were using to fill our washing machine, sooo I'm back to washing clothes by hand.   Just another life skill that I'll take with me when I return home.  I'm thinking it will make a good disciplinary tactic for my future children.



LOVE Acai!

Diving in to cool off, no wait, into my work!


      I have a new companion! Sister O.  She's from C., and has 6 meses na missão (months in the mission).  This is her second area, so I've been showing her the ropes more or less.  I really love the new responsibility that's come with this transfer.  I definitely feel that I'm rising to the challenge. We're doing awesome work here, and I love working with her.  We have a baptism scheduled for Saturday for D. I started teaching her with Sister M. a while back.  There were so many times when I wanted to give up on her, but I'm so glad we didn't.  We went to visit her this past week, and she had STUDIED the reading we left her with, and set an alarm on her phone to help  her remember to pray.  I can't express how happy/excited I was to be able to really study the scriptures with her, and see that we had marked a lot of the same verses. Many members don't do that on their own, so to see a 16 year-old investigator do that was really impressive.
It rained and filled the street!
      Sunday, I gave my first talk in Sacrament meeting in Portuguese.  It actually went really well.  I love calling people to repentance...haha..  People referenced me for the rest of the meeting/in Sunday School as well.  Gave me a little ego-boost.  Won't let it get to my head though.
     Hope everyone's good at home!  Enjoy the fall weather for me!
     Sister Kemer

No comments:

Post a Comment