Sunday, July 14, 2013

Week 4, Tuesday, July 9, 2013, Teaching and the Witness of the Spirit


Week 4, Provo Missionary Training Center
Sister D and I on the 4th!
 Olá!

This past week was busy (as usual), but also really great (as is also usual)!

Sister D and I got to train our first 2 new Districts in the ways of the missionary portal/internet. Power is nice.  Ha, ha, just kidding.
4th of July Devotional-SO MANY missionaries! It doesn't include the other overflow rooms!

Sister B big hi to her Mom and Family!

   For the fourth of July, we had a special devotional in the evening after dinner, and then watched the movie, "17 Miracles", about the Willy handcart company.  Naturally I sobbed through the whole thing. Such a powerful portrayal of the trials they went through, but also of the blessings that they simultaneously received. 
     After the movie, we got to stay up until 10:45 pm to watch the fireworks from the Stadium of Fire.  You could sort of hear Kelly Clarkson performing... supposedly.  It was a lot of fun, but the fact that I had to be at breakfast by 6:30 am the next morning was a little bit of a kill-joy. I prayed that I wouldn't be tired the next day, and low and behold, I wasn't!  Small prayers definitely get answered too.
 
     Yesterday my district "fasted" from English.  A whole day in Portuguese was a little frustrating at times, but mostly just really great. Speaking a language is really how you learn it.  I think that many of the missionaries in my District were blessed to realize how much they really know.  Hopefully more of them will have greater confidence in their speaking abilities.
Sisters from my District on the 4th of July
      I had a good experience this week while teaching one of our "investigators", Marcio.  We were teaching him about the Plan of Salvation/the role of the Doctrine of Christ (faith, repentance, baptism, the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end) in the Plan of Salvation.  While Sister D was speaking, I felt the spirit witness to me of the veracity of the principles we were teaching. The Doctrine of Christ is so simple, but yet is so true and essential.  When people are truly converted to it, they really do become new people.  Through the use of the Atonement in our lives, we can change to become more than what we are on our own.  I hope that I can apply these principles more fully and earnestly in my life.
Sister P from BYU and I

Off of my soap box now.  Thanks for all of the prayers and support!

Paz e bênçãos!

Sister Kemer

No comments:

Post a Comment