Monday, September 9, 2013
Repenting...
The language is good. I am definitely feeling the gift of tongues this week. I know I'll be ready to train by the next transfer.
~80 ish people attend church on Sunday. The next transfer date is 6 weeks from now.
Elder B. is my new zone leader.
SO SORRY that I didn't get an email out last week. The cyber where
we were e-mailing cut me off before I could click "send", so I'm
repenting hoje by writing my letter home FIRST.
Let's see...Last Saturday we had the baptism of M. (I've been
spelling his name wrong this whole time...).
It was awesome! He's really
an outstanding person. It's an experience like no other to be able to
teach someone the Gospel, and be able to witness how they progress and
change! He received the Aaronic Priesthood this past Sunday. He also came
with us to teach on Saturday. SO helpful. It's amazing, when we first
met him, he was really shy, not with us, but with other people. Now he
doesn't hesitate at all to share his testimony with complete strangers,
invite them to church, and "call them to repentance".
| Baptism of M. at the Agulha Ward with Sis. M. |
We're having a lot of success working with the members. We went to
teach Sunday with the new ward mission leader and his wife on Sunday. We
had an powerful lesson/discussion with one of our investigators, E.,
who has already received a number of answers from Heavenly Father that
the church is true, but is having trouble with frequenting igreja and
accepting a baptismal date. I know that we'll see her baptism this
transfer. The whole rest of her family are members (semi/inactive). It
is so clear that her baptism is what will make the difference. She needs
the blessings and happiness that the Gospel brings in her family.
Sooo...I've been making a lot of cakes. Mostly for other people.
I've learned how to bake without recipes. Love it! Sister M. had a
zone leader who's answer to every problem was "Faz um bolo sister"(make a
cake). So true! It works every time.
| Make a CAKE Birthday of L...without a recipe! |
One thing I was struggling with this week was that I was thinking
to myself as we were traversing the "oito de maio"(a seriously crazy
street- filled with street venders/motorcycles/cars/people all mixed
together), and realized that although I've been learning a lot, have
had a number of really good experiences, I didn't LOVE my mission yet.
This really troubled me. That night I prayed for just that, that I would
love my mission. The next day, BAM, loved it! I know that I certainly
won't love every day, but I know that in the end, the experience
over-all will be one that I will value, treasure, and use for the rest
of my life.
| With the New Sister's in my Apartment and almoçco a casa da Irmã C. Sis. D.S. (wearing my nametag she lost her's in Santarem!) and Sis. N. |
ALSO! I saw Sister B. Friday! She's in my zone/district! So great to see a familiar face. Also, really strange to have a prolonged conversation in English....
Bejos!!
Sister Kemer
No comments:
Post a Comment